Monday, January 30, 2012

TN Sen. Stacey Campfield says Bistro at the Bijou owner yelled at him, called him names; says he may be victim of discrimination; Campfield helped kill Nashville's gay rights ordinance

A photo-shopped picture of TN state representative Stacey Campfield - Patriotboy.blogspot.com
Photo-illustration of Tennessee state senator
It seems that Stacey Campfield has a blog, called Camp4u (please excuse AKSARBENT while it does a spit take.)
     Camp4u's URL is http://lastcar.blogspot.com/ which is certainly as logical as anything else Campfield does.
     Today, in said blog, Tennessee's model of legislative tolerance tells his side of the incident in which he was ejected from Sunday brunch line at a restaurant on Gay St., (really!) in Knoxville, TN.


     But it's what Campfield said on the weekend that AKSARBENT found so, um, interesting.
     On Sunday Campfield proved the "hetero­sexual AIDS epidemic" was manufactured to draw support for gays with this link:
     On Friday, Campfield insisted that his claim that writer Randy Shilt's so-called patient zero in his book And the Band Played On was infected by HIV because he screwed a monkey. (Campfield took a discredited myth and then something totally from the twilight zone and simply put them together!) And he's using the following language to insist that his fairy tale could have happened:
The research on sex with a monkey being the first transmitter of AIDS has not been proven nor firmly dis proven. It is one of about 5 theories I was able to find on the source of AIDS. No credible source said any one was clearly definitive one way or the other.
AKSARBENT also has a theory: When Stacey Campfield was in high school, he drove to Nashville and seduced Dolly Parton's husband in a gravel truck. He didn't like the experience and now he's on a mission. And since this has neither been proven nor disproven, we're going to call up Michelangelo Signorile tomorrow and tell him it's true.

Also on Friday, Campfield blogged this:
Only the last link is from the CDC. It shows that Black Straight Women got HIV almost as frequently as did Hispanic "MSM" — 5,400 to 6,000. And Black heterosexual men got HIV at about 1/4 the rate of Black "MSM." A lot less, but also a whole lot more than Campfield's 'almost never' incidence. Campfield went on to say that sexually active people...
"get AIDS through heterosexual sex at about 1 in 5 million. Most  "Normal" people I imagine would also stay away from the IV drug users,  hemophiliacs, known disease carriers, prostitutes and other high risk  people. Also conceding a man less likely to receive the disease then a  women because of the nature of sex, the odds of a man getting AIDS from a  female are pretty low."
Incredibly, in the CDC report linked to by Campfield there's a revelation that 12,400 of 28,200 of new MSM HIV infections among Black, White and Hispanic MSMs FORTY THREE PERCENT — were in the 13-29 age group.  In that Campfield-cited report, the CDC said prevention efforts were vital. But Campfield, who apparently doesn't read what he recommends, wants to stop discussion of homosexuality in the public schools that most 13-year-olds attend. Nice work, Campfield.

And now, Campfield's version of his Bistro Brunch encounter. You can believe it if you like.
As you may have read I was asked to leave a restaurant in Knoxville  because my beliefs did not support the owners beliefs on homosexuality. I  had not said anything. I was just standing there waiting for a table when the owner came up and started yelling at me calling me names and  telling me they were not going to serve me because of my alleged beliefs  saying I hate gays. I said in as calm a way as I could that I don't  hate gays and the things I have said were backed up by the CDC. I offered to send her the links.
     I  have been quite open and clear on my beliefs and have backed them up  with facts from the CDC and others. Unfortunately some people do not let  facts get in the way of their prejudice.
     She looked confused on  what to do for a second then she started to yell and call me names  again so I figured it was better to just leave. As Jesus said, "If you  are not welcomed in a town shake the dust off your feet and move on". My  friends and I went to latitude 35 and had a good breakfast.
     The  cries of "Ha ha. we showed him!" fall flat to me. It is not I who lost  out. My friends and I still had a good meal. We just gave our money to a  more gracious host.
     What was showed was a lack of  professionalism. In my legislative role I have always had an open door  to any of my constituency. Gay rights groups have been in my office  several times and I would like to think that even though we may disagree  on some issues I have always treated them graciously.
     In my  private business (Property rental) I have rented to people of all races  and creeds. Black, white, Asians, gay, straight, christian and non  christian alike. I do not discriminate. I wonder how the owner of the  restaurant would act toward another restaurant if the shoe were on the  other foot and the business refused service to a gay person? I know I  would not eat there.
     In the 60's my grandfather sat at the lunch  counters with the blacks in Knoxville to help break up the segregation  of the races. I guess some people still support segregation. Just  segregation of thought. Some people have told me my civil rights were  violated under the 1964 civil rights act in that a person can not be  denied service based on their religious beliefs. (I am catholic and the  catholic church does not support the act of homosexuality) I had not  thought about that much.
     I just figured this is just another  example of the open minded tolerant left. They claim tolerances for  divergent points of view.....Until someone actually has one. Then they  don't know how to handle it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis