Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Wisconsin: Ex-congressman Mark Neumann, a homophobe's homophobe, enters Senate race

Mark W. Neumann, who represented Wisconsin's 1st congressional district from 1995 to 1999, has entered the Wisconsin U.S. Senate race, promising to bring Senator Tammy Baldwin's record "to the forefront."

As a congressman, Neumann told the New York Times:
“If I was elected God for a day, homosexuality wouldn’t be permitted, but nobody’s electing me God.”
Later, he told the Christian Coalition:
“If somebody walks in to me and says, ‘I’m a gay person, I want a job in your office,’ I would say that’s inappropriate, and they wouldn’t be hired because that would mean they are promoting their agenda. The gay and lesbian lifestyle (is) unacceptable, lest there be any question about that.”
 Here he was in 2010 when he ran for governor:

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis