Sunday, November 14, 2010

Internet privacy: how to see what three huge data exchanges know about you

The New York Times revealed that three of the biggest online data exchanges, BlueKai, Bizo and Rapleaf will let you see what they think you like and let you delete that information. They also let you opt out of getting “interest-based” ads altogether. The Times article provided a link to BlueKai. I looked up the other two and created links to them as well. You're welcome.

Leave an (anonymous) comment after you do this, telling what you found (in general terms, of course.) Were you surprised?

If they don't have any or much data on you, tell us what privacy plugins/software or techniques you use. Thank you.

1 comment:

  1. Two of the sites had no info on me at all; one had my location. Firefox is my browser, and I use adblock plus. I run full virus scans nightly and spyware scans once a week or more. Otherwise, can't think of anything else I do. I'm apparently not that interesting.

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis